Friday, March 8, 2013

Getting Sick? Your Choice... Oregano or Chemicals


As I have been trying to become as healthy as possible and try to utilize as many items found in nature prior to reverting to chemicals, I find myself in the middle of cold and flu season.

While one of my kids is a strep carrier and our house is always bombarded with sickness coming in from daycare and school it seems that I am always vulnerable as an athlete. A few days ago I started to feel a little itchy in my throat. I right away ran out to my local health food store and picked up some Oil of Oregano after I heard it is good for this type of thing. I will admit I was a little hesitant to dish out money for what could be "snake oil".

I took it for a few days and now I am feeling fine. I believe I have dodged an illness, because right now my entire family are getting over their coughing which has lasted the entire time. Point goes to Oil of Oregano this time.

I have an engineering degree and grew up in a household where my dad was an ER doctor. An oil to stave off an illness? Not possible.

I continue to find out that the food that we ingest will change your for the better as long as you put the best possible food into you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment